November 9 – 16, 2019
We live in a noisy, over-energized world, full of activity begging for our attention at every turn — breaking news, urgent email, “must read” on social media, not to mention work, family, and community responsibilities that can make it hard to remain balanced and at ease in our everyday lives. There is so much activity that our bodies can remain in a low-level constant state of activation, and therefore stressed. So, how do we remain sane in a rajasic, sometimes frenetic world? By going on retreat, of course!
Studies have shown that taking time away from the daily busy-ness, taking time to retreat, can do wonders to restore one to a more grounded, less stressful place. And how better to take such a retreat than by indulging oneself in yoga, meditation, breathwork, and spending time in the beauty of nature!
During this week in beautiful Pura Vida, which means the “pure life” or “simple life,” you truly can indulge all of the feel-good aspects of being in the body and let go of the chatter of the busy, conscious mind.
Each day will feature yoga, meditation, and yoga nidra class, and on some nights, there will be opportunity for chanting kirtan, an aspect of yogic practice that is a balm for the spirit. During the ample free time each day, there will be many opportunities for outdoor activities such as nature walks in the country’s biggest butterfly observatory, exploring gardens of medicinal herbs, or zip-lining through the jungle canopy. Or you may choose to visit the Pura Vida Spa which offers many kinds of body work and Ayurvedic services.
Included in your stay will be a one-day Skywalk and Wildlife Boat Adventure where, as a group, we will explore Villa Lapas Reserve, one of the country’s most bio-diverse areas.
Lest you wonder whether a week of self-indulgence is warranted, studies show that time spent relaxing, rejuvenating and revitalizing is time well spent. Join us for one luxurious week in November and take the well-deserved self-care time that you know you crave. You will return refreshed and deeply aware of how yoga practice and self-care will improve your daily life.
•Daily Yoga Classes in morning and evening
•Morning Meditation practice to help set the tone for your day
•Skywalk and Wildlife Boat Adventure at Villa Lapas Reserve and Wild Life Sanctuary
•6 hours of free time on most days
•You may choose to have free time lounging around the resort, which houses a wellness center, boutique, pool, jacuzzi, and 8 acres of land, including the peaceful Holistic Garden. Other free and extra-cost excursions are available, such as a coffee plantation tour and a medicinal-ornamental plant walk.
7:00-7:30am – Meditation
7:30-8:45am – Breakfast
9:00-10:15am – Yoga
11:00am-5:00pm – Free Time
5:30-6:30pm – Yoga
6:30-7:00pm – Yoga Nidra or Kirtan
7:30-9:00pm – Dinner
- Yoga clothes! Also, a bathing suit and your normal travel wear.
- The Yoga Studio is equipped with all props you will need, but if you want to bring your own mat, please do.
- You may wish to bring your own meditation cushion if you have one.
- Bring your water bottle to make sure you stay hydrated.
- Comfortable shoes for walking/hiking.
- Notebook/Journal and writing utensil is optional.
- Any other normal travel accessories.
- We recommend that you purchase travel insurance in case of unforeseen circumstances.
- Click on “Register” here, above, or below and complete the form.
- Accommodation fees range from $1500 (Tentalow Double Occupancy) to $2600 (Luxury Single Occupancy.) See the Registration page for full list of Accommodation choices; fees do not include airfare.
- Your fee includes three buffet-style meals a day, all made with fresh and local ingredients with vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options.
- Early Bird Special: Get $100 off if you register by May 31!
- Deposit of $1000 is due by June 20.
- Remainder of fee is due by September 15, 2019.
-your accommodations, single or double occupancy
-three buffet-style meals per day, made with fresh and local ingredients
-access to the resort and grounds, including wellness center, boutique, pool and gardens
-morning and evening yoga classes, yoga nidra, meditation
-Skywalk and Wildlife Boat Adventure and other free and extra outdoor adventure options
-all activities are optional
*Remainder of payment is due by September 15, 2019.
*We recommend that you purchase travel insurance for yourself.
*Refunds are available minus $75 administrative fee until June 20, 2019. After that date, refunds are available as long as we are able to fill your space.
Fee does not include: airfare to and from Costa Rica, some optional additional outdoor excursions.
Pura Vida Retreat & Spa offers shuttle service to and from the Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) airport only. Shuttle service should be reserved at least 3 days prior to your arrival using this online form: https://puravidaspa.com/shuttle-form/. Please indicate that you are part of a group to avoid the shuttle surcharge to and from the resort (one round-trip shuttle ride is included in the cost of the package.) Taxis are also available for hire. More transportation information is available on the Pura Vida website here under “Getting Around.”