December 5 – 12, 2020
Pura Vida is the motto for Costa Rica. Meaning the “pure life” or the “sweet life,” it is a way of being for Costa Ricans. Live and let live. Pura Vida Retreat and Spa is just that — a beautiful, pure, and peaceful retreat from everyday life. It offers a chance for you to indulge yourself in healthy practices, yoga, meditation, eating tasty healthy food, and treating yourself to body work to help cleanse and purify your system. You will return home happier and ready to face the world.
“Self-care is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation.” -anonymous
Studies have shown that taking time away from the daily busy-ness, taking time to retreat, can do wonders to restore one to a more grounded, less stressful place. And how better to take such a retreat than by indulging oneself in yoga, meditation, breathwork, and spending time in the beauty of nature!
During this week in beautiful Pura Vida Retreat and Spa, you truly can indulge, er, preserve, all of the feel-good aspects of being in the body, let go of the chatter of the busy, conscious mind, and restore your sense of wholeness and joy in life.
Each day will feature yoga, meditation, and yoga nidra classes, and on some nights, there will be opportunity for chanting kirtan, an aspect of yogic practice that is a balm for the spirit. During the ample free time each day, there will be many opportunities for outdoor activities such as nature walks in the country’s biggest butterfly observatory, exploring gardens of medicinal herbs, or zip-lining through the jungle canopy. Or you may choose to visit the Pura Vida Spa which offers many kinds of body work and Ayurvedic services.
Included in your stay will be a one-day adventure of your choice, the Skywalk and Wildlife Boat Adventure, a trip to natural hot springs, or white water rafting.
If you are still wondering whether a week of self-indulgence is warranted, studies show that time spent relaxing, rejuvenating and revitalizing is time well spent. Join us for one luxurious week in December and take the well-deserved self-care time that you know you crave. You will return refreshed and deeply aware of how yoga practice and self-care will improve your daily life.
•Daily Yoga Classes in morning and evening
•Morning Meditation practice to help set the tone for your day
•One day adventure tour
•6 hours of free time on most days
•You may choose to have free time lounging around the resort, which houses a wellness center, boutique, pool, jacuzzi, and 8 acres of land, including the peaceful Holistic Garden. Other free and extra-cost excursions are available, such as a coffee plantation tour and a medicinal-ornamental plant walk.
7:00-7:30am – Meditation
7:30-8:45am – Breakfast
9:00-10:15am – Yoga
11:00am-5:00pm – Free Time
5:30-6:30pm – Yoga
6:30-7:00pm – Yoga Nidra or Kirtan
7:30-9:00pm – Dinner
- Yoga clothes! Also, a bathing suit and your normal travel wear.
- The Yoga Studio is equipped with all props you will need, but if you want to bring your own mat, please do.
- You may wish to bring your own meditation cushion if you have one.
- Bring your water bottle to make sure you stay hydrated.
- Comfortable shoes for walking/hiking.
- Notebook/Journal and writing utensil is optional.
- Any other normal travel accessories, like a light windbreaker jacket.
- We recommend that you purchase travel insurance in case of unforeseen circumstances.
- Click on “Register” here, above, or below and complete the form.
- Accommodation fees range from $1750 (Tentalow Double Occupancy) to $2950 (Luxury Single Occupancy.) See the Registration page for full list of accommodation choices and prices; fees do not include airfare.
- Check here for descriptions of accommodations.
- Your fee includes three buffet-style meals a day, all made with fresh and local ingredients with vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options.
- Deposit of $1000 is due within 30 days of registration. Save $100 if you register by May 1!
- Remainder of fee is due by August 15, 2020.
-your accommodations, single or double occupancy
-three buffet-style meals per day, made with fresh and local ingredients
-access to the resort and grounds, including wellness center, boutique, pool and gardens
-morning and evening yoga classes, yoga nidra, meditation
-your choice of a one day outdoor adventure — hiking, hot springs, or white water rafting — and other free and extra outdoor adventure options
-all activities are optional
*Remainder of payment is due by August 15, 2020.
*We recommend that you purchase travel insurance for yourself.
*Refunds are available minus $75 administrative fee until June 20, 2020. After that date, refunds are available as long as we are able to fill your space.
Fee does not include: airfare to and from Costa Rica, some optional additional outdoor excursions.
Pura Vida Retreat & Spa offers shuttle service to and from the Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) airport only. Shuttle service should be reserved at least 3 days prior to your arrival using this online form: https://puravidaspa.com/shuttle-form/. Please indicate that you are part of our Yoga Indulgence group to avoid the shuttle surcharge to and from the resort (one round-trip shuttle ride is included in the cost of the package.) Taxis are also available for hire. More transportation information is available on the Pura Vida website here under “Getting Around.”