Happy Earth Day! This is the only planet we’ve got. Earth is our home. We should treat Her like we treat our own homes, as in loving and caring for the planet in the same way we would repair the roof, gutters, or windows, keep the insides clean, and ensure the pipes work without leaking. There are many ways to contribute to the healthy functioning of our planet and here are a few suggestions for this year:
- Stop using water bottles. Get a good reusable (non plastic) water bottle and refill it.
- When you notice litter, pick it up. If we let it sit, eventually it will make its way into waterways and oceans and there is no need to make the plastic island in the Pacific any larger.
- Buy local and/or organic food whenever possible. Local food uses less energy from farm to table and organic foods do not destroy the environment (or your insides) with harsh chemicals.
- Turn the faucet off while brushing your teeth.
- Participate in Meatless Monday to reduce your carbon footprint.
For more suggestions, you could check this website: https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-tips/ and thank you for caring!